France 2022

France 2022
Old Town Nice, France

08 August 2013

8 hours sleep in 2 days

Bonjour tout le monde!
I have just returned from a whirlwind trip to Denver, CO.  I was attending a meeting of GEAs (Global Education Ambassadors), who are basically experienced group leaders traveling with EF.  The trip didn't start out too well.  Those of us from the Los Angeles and Orange County - all three of us - were on a 7 pm flight on Frontier Airlines. In the middle of the afternoon, I looked at my phone, where there was a notification that the flight was delayed from 7pm to 9:18 pm.  I tried to call, but after a 20 minute wait, the very nice customer service lady could not tell me much.
At 7 pm, I met my flight buddies at the Starbucks in Terminal 3.  Our flight was delayed again, with a departure time of 9:40 pm.  That would put us into Denver just after midnight, and to the hotel about 40 minutes later.  The plane landed, we all got on the plane seated and ready to go...but we didn't.  The ground crew was understaffed and it took them almost an hour to load the plane.  Long story short - it was 3 am Denver time when I got into my room. Four hours later, I was up for breakfast.
But, of course when one starts like that, it can only go up, right?  YES!  We had a wonderful day of meetings, and I reconnected with a ton of EF people I have met over the (many) years but employees and other GEA folks.  There was great conversation about how to make the GEA program better and more effective, and I got some awesome ideas to use in my next recruiting efforts (and you will just have to wait for those!).
The most exciting thing was the evening drinks and dinner at the Clock Tower in downtown Denver (http://www.clocktowerevents.com).  The event was spread out over several floors in the very top of the tower - my legs and butt got quite the workout!  After arriving back  in my room, I repacked and set my alarm for 4:40 am and a 5:15 am hotel departure for the airport.  Four more hours...
I love to travel, and although it is a lot of work, I still love organized travel, both with students and adults.  I will continue to seek out the chance to do both, so watch out!
Oh yeah; the flight home was fun AND it was on time.  Better yet, my husband met me at the entrance to baggage claim.
Some photos of my adventure...
Behind the clock

Downtown Denver by night

Me and Lindsay, my EF tour consultant and bud

The clock tower from the ground.  We were in the blue and red colored sections!

No comments:

Post a Comment